Job Offer | Communications Officer
Wednesday 26 May 2021
We are hiring!
If you are great at:
- Staying organized and managing priorities;
- balancing teamwork and managing your own work;
- keeping a curious, creative, and open mind;
- Being thorough and versatile;
- Spoken and written communication;
- And if you have an artistic streak or a keen interest in the performing arts;
You are the ideal candidate!
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Artistic Director, the Communications Officer shall:
- Develop the company’s communication strategy and ensure its implementation;
- Develop and monitor communications plans for each artistic project;
- Prepare or coordinate the production of promotional, distribution and communication tools for the company’s various projects and events (videos, photos, posters, programs, press releases, etc.);
- Follow up with collaborators (broadcasters, publicists, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, programmers, publicists, etc.);
- Populate the company’s social media accounts, while making sure to clarify the company’s positioning within the management team and taking into account the diversity of voices;
- Write the company’s newsletters;
- Update the company’s website;
- Contribute to the management of the contacts database;
- Contribute to the development of the company’s outreach strategy and the implementation of the action plan;
- Contribute to the development of the company’s autonomous revenue diversification strategy, including the organization of fundraising activities;
- Contribute to the development of media outreach initiatives that complement the company’s performances;
- Plan and facilitate team meetings related to the position’s mandate;
- Participate in team meetings and share relevant professional perspectives;
- Manage the budget for the company’s communications and promotional activities, including artistic projects, and ensure their monitoring.
Among the priority mandates, the selected candidate will be required to:
- Contribute to the creation of a new website for the company (establish specifications, request quotes from agencies, seek funding and ensure the coordination of the project);
- Develop graphic design guidelines for the company with the help of a graphic designer.
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Academic training in a relevant field or equivalent experience;
- Mastery of written and oral communication skills in French and English;
- Good writing skills;
- Knowledge of social media and various web platforms (MailChimp, WordPress, etc.);
- Knowledge of the MAC environment and various basic software (Office Suite, Adobe tools, Photoshop);
- Mastery of audiovisual techniques (photo and video shooting, image processing, editing);
- Strong knowledge of Indigenous Peoples’ realities and the social and cultural issues they face;
- A strong interest in contemporary Indigenous art and artists (an asset).
CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Salaried position | 20 hrs/week
- Remuneration according to company’s salary scale and chosen candidate’s experience
- Work schedule adapted to First Peoples’ cultural holidays (cultural weeks)
- Start date: week of August 2, 2021
If you are interested by this position, please apply before June 25, 2021, by sending a cover letter and CV to the Executive Director, Nathalie Delorme: email@example.com.
Please note that for equal qualifications, preference will be given to candidates of Indigenous origin. Only selected candidates will be contacted. We are looking forward to meeting you! O:nen !